Drive For Us
Westfield Steel, Inc. is seeking qualified, professional Regional and Over The Road Drivers to join our team. Pay is competitive with the industry, and our drivers are paid mileage, stops, tarp pay, and overnight pay.
[As an Over The Road Driver, you will be home every weekend. You will leave out on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, returning on Friday of each week.] [Regional drivers are home each night.]
You will drive our modern fleet of flatbed diesel-powered tractor-trailer combinations, usually long distances, to transport and deliver products and materials in loose or packaged form.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the customers’ expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and processes that are continually being improved to satisfy our customers’ needs.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits the report indicating the truck condition. Must conduct pre and post-trip inspections.
- Maintains driver log according to FMCSA and DOT regulations.
- The driver is responsible for proper load securement and tarping.
- On occasion may assist customers in unloading material.
We offer the following benefits to our team members:
- $1,000 signing bonus
- Safety Bonus paid monthly and annually
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Company-paid uniforms and uniform cleaning service
- 401(k) opportunities
- Paid Time Off and holidays from the start of your employment
- Family-focused company events and community service projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, when required. A more thorough listing of job duties and physical demands can be viewed in the full job description for this position.