In addition to providing customers with all of their steel needs since 1977, Westfield Steel has been enhancing the lives of employees with fulfilling career opportunities. Working at Westfield Steel means working with a team of dynamic and unique individuals who share the same purpose of helping customers do more with steel.
Westfield Steel headquarters is located in Westfield, Indiana. An additional production site is located in Terre Haute, Indiana.
What’s it like to work at Westfield Steel?
“You never do the same thing two days in a row. I also think the company is family-focused and they work around our schedules when possible. I really enjoy the group of guys I work with as well. The company goes out of their way to put things in place to make it a great workplace.“
– Chris Lowe, Burn Lead
“The rich history of steel is embedded in our daily duties. We work with the backbone of America. People who are willing to get their hands dirty, put their bodies through physical turmoil, and embrace the hardship. I am proud to say I am a ‘man of steel’ and I have this place to thank for it.”
-Dustin Maynard, Burn Lead
“Every day brings a new challenge and that is what makes this job exciting. I have gained a tremendous amount of understanding of steel and even the business aspect in my four years here. I am looking forward to continuing my steel career and helping this company grow for many years to come.”
-Lance Groves, CAD
Careers at Westfield Steel include the following benefits:
- Consumer-driven health plan to its employees, allowing them to be in control of their healthcare expenses and save money. This includes an HSA with company contribution dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Company-paid uniforms, cold weather gear, and uniform cleaning service for production employees
- Reimbursement each year for safety boots
- 401(k) through Nationwide
- Paid Time Off and holidays from the start of your employment
- Recognition for years of service
- Family-focused company events, including a picnic, holiday meals, baseball games, and an evening at the local race track
- Community service projects
- Personalized training plans for each employee
- Continuing education reimbursement
- CPR/ AED and First Aid training
- Flu shots offered free on-site once a year
- Employee Assistance Program offered for referrals and medical assistance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is offered to all Westfield Steel employees who work full-time. PTO includes all vacation days, sick days and personal days. In addition, we offer leave for bereavement and jury duty.